People Leader's Survey
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the day was for people leaders have confidence that the work of their staff is guided by the union’s strategic framework.
By the end of the workshop, people leaders will have experienced strategies for:
- Influencing rather than directing
- Managing conflict constructively
- Working in ambiguity
- Managing complexity
- Thinking creatively
- Taking initiative without being told exactly what to do
- Taking accountability, even without full control,
and considered how to apply these strategies in their role.
During the day, these are the big questions people left thinking about:
- How might we democratise information in NZEI Te Riu Roa?
- How might we pivot to make NZEI Te Riu Roa a home for non-members?
- How do we truly make NZEI Te Riu Roa a Treaty based organisation?
- How might we ensure that what we do today continues in the future?
- How can we enhance team structures across the organsiation?
A month following the People Leader's day, we'd like to know what's going on for you?
Along with our discussions, the information you provide help us to reflect on the previous People Leaders day, to learn how we might improve, and to help in designing the next People Leader's day in March.
Like last time, you'll receive a copy of your responses via email to support you to reflect on your learning.
The survey is hosted on the MyLearning website which means only Emma and Duncan have access to the responses you provide. We won't share the information you provide with anyone else.